Wednesday 4 July 2018

Feed the follices!

Getting enough protein is probably the most stressful part of cycling at the moment, everything else is just so normal with it being our 7th IVF cycle.
I don't eat meat or fish and I'm trying not to have too many calories as I don't want to gain weight this cycle (I can feel the bloat/water retention already), so tofu seems to be the way to go.... I really can't stand the stuff but needs must as ideally I need 1g of protein for every 1kg of body weight!

A typical day is 2x toast and a hot choc, no morning snack (well - I'm trying really hard not to eat the zillion tubs of pringles that are in the house after the local supermarket had a crazy offer on but it' hard going!), midday is a 200g slab of tofu cubed and fried in butter with shallots and garlic and then some pasta sauce added, and this is shared with LO cause she loves tofu! Then in the evening I'll have a bed of salad (lettuce and toms) with some soya/tom mince with cheese.  I might treat myself to a glass of milk and fruit during the day too depending on how I'm feeling.
I'm not missing carbs too much, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment