Friday 12 April 2019

The mystery of the disappearing polyp....

Yesterday was polyp eviction day.  The polyp that was discovered by hysteroscopy in October last year.

The hospital only do polypectomies under general anesthetic, so I was knocked out for it (love a good GA sleep!).
I waited in my room for a few hours to be discharged - Dr must have been busy. She finally comes round and tells me she has good and bad news.....good news was no polyp (what?!), bad news was going through the waiting for surgery and having a GA for no reason - this is fine, I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing a Dr I trust has given me the once over, and we're in good shape for the FET!

I really don't know what happened to it though, where did it go, she says they don't just disappear, and she doesn't think the change in progesterone from fertility clinic would have gotten rid of it.... Could it be mum, having a little word with God? She was here visiting when the polyp was diagnosed, she passed just a few weeks later, she knew we want another child....

No comments:

Post a Comment