Tuesday 14 November 2017

CD1, IVF#5.

What a start to CD1.
There really is nothing glamorous about having dildocam whilst on your period, there really isn't! 
To add to my joy, I have just a measly 3 follicles, one on the left (with tube) and two on the right (no tube)....pathetic.  I did wonder if clinic would convert to IUI or just abandon....
However, they just called (my scan was locally not clinic) and I'm instructed to max up on 450 menopur.  I knew this would be the case, my consultant warned me that with such a small number of OAP eggs I would be on the max dose, praying shaking up these eggs a bit is going to work.

I'm feeling a little bit high off protein and it's only 3pm. I've managed to scoff about 45g of it so far today and if I eat what I've planned for the rest of the day I'll be up to 122g.  Holy cow!  No, I didn't pop to the farm next door to eat a cow, or two lol, it's all from veggies/soya and a tiny bit of cheese.
It's recommended that you eat 1g of protein for every 1kg of body weight, and as my eggs need that extra boost I'm adding in as much as I can manage whilst staying in my calorie goal.
(Speaking of body weight, although IVF got in the way of my *fifty to fabulous* plan, I did manage to drop quite a bit and this morning I weighed in at 85kg, meaning my BMI is 26.8, pleased with that)

CoQ10 has had the boot, I swapped it for the pure stuff, ubiquinol!  It's supposed to be better/easier absorbed than CoQ10, also upping flax oil capsules to two a day (I've read omega 3/flax is good for OAP eggs and poor response....let's see if it works).

That's all for now, just had a message to say mum is on her way to hosp for her appointment to see if she's got the clear from her melanoma.  Just waiting for hubby to come home then we can go for a walk and clear my head a bit <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment