Friday 7 September 2018

PUPO with our frostie!

What a day!
I started off with the school run, it's quick this year as both our older girls now take buses, so it was a quick drop of at the stop for DD2, back home to give LO brekkie and get her travel bag ready, then to my parents house to empty all the last bits (they were selling and the completion was yesterday afternoon - they're now living in the UK full time so everything was down to me).  I could barely fit in my car on the drive to the mother-in-laws to drop LO off, there was that much last minute junk in my car lol!
So hubby was waiting at mils for me (he was working in the morning), he phoned clinic do double check on the thaw and we were good to go.
Arrived at clinic at about 11.30, receptionist automatically told us to wait 5 mins, looked up over her glasses and realised it was us (we're practically on first names terms with everyone lol) and sent us down the corridor to wait for the embryologist.
Embryologist was happy with the thaw, the embie remained the same grade it was frozen at, yay!
Went and got myself comfy in the ET room, waited a few minutes for the consultant and who walks in?....the Dr that gave me a bollocking for continuing to BF through IVF, telling me I was putting LO at risk....however, she's head of department so I had a sense of ease as at least she's got experience on her side, and we needed it!
Scan starts so they can get the catheter in....my uterus is filled with fluid!  She takes a syringe and drains in via the catheter, and I have to wait to see if it stays clear - I also have to drink more, top tip, do not drink more until you're 2 mins away from transfer as I was ready to streak through the corridor in just my blouse I was THAT bursting to pee!
45/50 mins later and after ordering hubby to find someone before I wet myself, she comes back.  Everyone has gone for lunch (it's 1pm by now) so hubby gets to play Dr and hold the scanner lol!
Everything is all clear and transfer went ahead, I only managed a few minutes before making a mad dash (barefoot) down the corridor to the toilet lol!

The Dr was REALLY nice with us, really calm, crossing her fingers and complimenting me on my painted toe nails - a huge change from the last time we had her and she was being horrible....I wonder if our new Dr had a word to explain I was not putting LO at risk, at all?!

All was left for the day was to sign over my parents house to the new owners, I had been stressing about this but it was a nice appointment, the solicitor was funny and the people were really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment